Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peanut ...the Pretty??! lol

Today marks our 12th week!! So far, Peanut and I have been doing very well! My "afternoon sickness" is not as bad as before...but its still there. Thankfully it did not entail throwing up, just feeling extremely nauseated and lightheaded.  I've gained about 10 lbs...and I'm NOT happy about! [ I'll blame half of that on my momma's awesome home cooking while she was here!] I do feel like a stuffed turkey tho....*Mmmmm......Turkey sounds good right about now!* lol
And its not that I'm eating bad, I can't! NOT with the FOOD POLICE around (aka Shaun and Adrian)...they've been very protective of The Peanut, needless to say, its cute at times - but most times it's very annoying! All I hear is "Mom, you can't eat that!" or "Can, you gonna eat that?" or "Should you be eating that!".....it goes on and on and on....lol. I want to think I've been pretty good about eating healthy, yes, I get some minor food wants ...but nothing extreme!



Anywho! Let's get into the juicy stuff! We started our day out at our first Doctor's visit. And it went something like this:[TURN UR SPEAKERS UP! & Listen to the what the doctor says at the very end!!...*lol*]




According to the Doppler the Peanut's heart rate is 168 beats per minute! A good healthy heart rate. And Shaun can't stop talking about the old wives tale that says if the heartbeat is fast, it means its a girl - he's super duper excited! All day he's been talking about "His Princess!" lol. And I'm pretty sure its ALL I'll be hearing until we find out the sex for sure! As far as Adrian is concerned, he just hopes the Peanut doesn't want to share his Lego's -lol- so he's also hoping for a girl! lol, We'll break it to him slowly that girls like to play with Lego's too...lol.

Then we were off to do my BUN test [This is a genetic disorder screening]. The ultrasound was nerve wracking! It lasted about 20 minutes, and they measured the fluid between the Peanuts spine and neck and the structure of the nasal cavity - the results were very good! According to the technician we should be concerned if the fluid distance measured 3 mm or more...he explained that Peanut's fluid distance measured 1.3 mm and that the nasal cavity was "perfect", and that was perfectly normal as far as he could tell. Even tho, we are not 100% sure everything is normal just yet, it was sure a relief to hear this news. They also took some blood to run some genetic testing, and we'll have to wait about 2 weeks to get back these results. I gotta tell you, its gonna be a looooooooooong two weeks!  The ultrasound also picked up that Peanut's heartbeat was at 177 beats per minute [the technician explained it probably got faster since the Peanut might have gotten a little anxious that someone was pushing him/her around for 20 minutes! lol]. 

There's The Peanut! 55.2 mm long! [That means 2.17322835 inches] Two hands and two very active feet! =)

Following up from my last update! I've taken quite a few good pictures to add to my Thru My Eyes Album - those are coming soon! PROMISE! I've also started sketching and scouting material for new scarf ideas to add to The Candice Ayala Collection! After all, FALL IS HERE! So stay tuned! 

Again, we just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been so wonderfully supportive and equally excited for us. The journey is all the more sweeter when we can share it with you all! Love you guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment